Sweet white miso (for example, 10 Day Miso) is perfect in salad dressings – it adds a depth of flavour that brings dishes to life. I’ve chosen hazelnuts, as they’re in season at the moment, but all nuts work well in this warming autumnal salad.
Warm Broccoli and Hazelnut Salad with a maple, hazelnut and miso dressing
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 red cabbage chopped
- 250 g broccoli chopped
For the dressing
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tbsp sweet white miso
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Gently fry the onion until it softens.
- Add the cabbage and broccoli to the pan and continue frying until cooked.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- If you prefer the dressing to be thinner, add a little water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the salad.